Saturday, February 29, 2020

Day 7-- Friday, February 28

Hi!
Today is our last day in Iceland! We started off the day with a relaxing morning - we were able to sleep in and play some card games before heading to lunch at a tasty restaurant. Now we are at the airport, waiting for our flight home. Throughout the trip, my favorite activity that we have done has been the snorkeling. We were able to see the Silfra Fissure where two tectonic plates meet along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, and the scenery was beautiful - especially since the water was so clear! One thing I have learned in Iceland is how eco-friendly the country is. The whole region is supplied with renewable energy from Geothermal Power Plants stationed along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, using groundwater and heat to create electricity and running water. I'm so happy that we were able to go to Iceland, and I'm sad the trip is ending!
- Eddy

Hi
Today is our last day in Iceland. I am waiting at the airport to board flight to New York where we will connect to SFO. My favorite activity this trip was dog sledding because we got to pet the dogs and the sledding was really fun. I learned that Iceland is very eco-friendly because they use Geothermal energy from the Earth. I am so happy that we decided to go to Iceland.
- Tess

Hi
To my dismay, today is our last day in Iceland. We are are currently waiting for the slightly delayed 6 hour flight to JFK. Although this is our last day in Iceland, I will remember our time here forever. From freezing my hands off while scuba diving in the Mid-Atlantic ridge, to freezing my hands off while trekking through Soljamajurkill (I have no idea how you spell that, and we have no wifi); funnily enough, freezing my hands off was the only thing consistently happening on this trip. All the things that I have learned from our charming guide, Ardis, are things that I will remember for the rest of my life. All though this may have been a "last minute adjustment" to our "Chinese immersion", it was one hundred percent worth it.
-Aziz

Hello!
Unfortunately, this is our last day in the beautiful country of Iceland! This morning, we had a nice breakfast in the hotel after a nice morning of sleeping in. We then finished packing and all hung out for a little while before departing for lunch. We were all very tired and sad to leave but lunch was delicious and a great pick-me-up. We then embarked on our last bus ride (which was very sad) to go to the airport. Getting through to our gate was incredibly easy and a great airport experience. Overall my favorite activity was either visiting the school where we made some friends and hiking on the glacier; all of the views were gorgeous. I learned about geothermal energy and it was so interesting to be in a different culture and hear a new and awesome language. I am so grateful for our tour guide, Ardis, who provided so many facts and amazing memories for all of us. I am overall extremely happy that we decided to reroute to Iceland:)
-Julia<3


Hi everyone!
Today is our last day in Iceland, which is so sad! I've really enjoyed all my time here. This trip is the coldest I've ever been, but it has been so much fun. In the morning, we were able to sleep in and have a relaxing morning. We're all very sad to leave, but I miss my home and family. We are at the airport right now waiting for our flight to JFK, which is slightly delayed. My favorite part of the trip has been all the sightseeing that we have done. We saw some beautiful waterfalls, and the scenery here is absolutely beautiful. Throughout the trip, my classmates and I have become a lot closer which is nice for all of us. I learned that Iceland has some of the best water available from every tap in the country. This trip has been one of the best experiences of my life, and I am sad that it's over!
- Saskia


Hey everyone!
Sadly, today is our last day in Iceland but we all enjoyed so much on this trip. This morning, we got to sleep in and have breakfast. Later, we all chilled and packed our luggage for the airport. We headed to lunch where I had a really good gluten free burger. It was sad saying bye to Iceland but we got on our flight to New York and relaxed on the plane for six hours. Overall, I had so much fun on this trip and the memories I made will always be remembered. I learned how iceland's geothermal power plants work and I saw the amazing scenery. I especially enjoyed bonding with my classmates and experiencing the beauty of the island first hand. I would love to go to Iceland again!-Tali 


Hello!
Unfortunately, today was our last day in Iceland. We started the day with a late start and a breakfast from the hotel, then hung out in our rooms, got onto a flight to New York, and we are about to head on the final leg of our journey, to San Francisco. This trip has been amazingly fun, especially as I've been wanting to go to Iceland for a while. One of my favorite experiences has to be dog sledding. The actual sledding was slow, but being able to play with the dogs before was great, and one of them either really liked sitting on me, or wanted to pee on me. The trip also helped me bond with all of my classmates who came, and I feel like I know everyone so much better now. Our tour guide, Ardis, was also extremely kind and said so many things that made us laugh, whether intentionally or not. All in all, this trip was a great experience, and I'm really sad to leave Iceland.
-Josh


Greetings,
Today was our last day in Iceland, and we didn't really do anything but it was still enjoyable. We woke up late, had breakfast and spent the rest of the morning chilling in our hotel room before leaving for lunch. I think we spent a good amount of time here and I feel ready to go back. To my dismay, we were unable to witness the aurora borealis. We almost got lost in the airport but we are at our gate and waiting for our flight back. My favorite activity was having a snowball fight at the playground near our small hotel in the middle of nowhere. It was very unusual for me to see nothing but snow and rocks for kilometers with a few small houses spread about. I also liked petting the dogs at the dog sledding area. Overall. this is an amazing place and I hope I can come back here with my family.
-Lohan

Hello,
Well this is it, were finally reaching the end of our trip, it's been fun we've had our share fun times and weird times. Today we started out as we always do, though some bit later in the the morning, and we just awaited the coming end to our trip in Iceland. One of my most interesting times in Iceland was snorkelling, it was very cold though the scenery was very interesting. Though at the end I recall a lot of screaming about numbness and pain. One thing I've learned in Iceland is how friendly all of the people are. For example, when we visited an Iceland school everyone was so nice and kind. Another person who was very kind was our tour guide Ardis, she helped us learn about the country, and she took us everywhere. All in all I really enjoyed the Iceland experience. - Jude




Last meal in Iceland

Our beloved tour guide/ driver, Ardis.

Bye, Iceland!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 7-- Friday, February 28

Hi! Today is our last day in Iceland! We started off the day with a relaxing morning - we were able to sleep in and play some card games be...